Set in the year 2025, Power Rangers S.P.D. is the thirteenth season of the Power Rangers franchise and is based on the Super Sentai series, Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger. It debuted on February 5th 2005 and ran for 38 episodes.
As the story begins we learn that planet Earth has welcomed alien beings to live peacefully with the human race. However, peace is short lived as the planet-conquering Troobian Empire led by Emperor Gruumm (played by Rene Naufahu) turns its destructive attention to Earth. When the Earth’s first line of defence, the S.P.D. A-Squad, mysteriously vanishes without a trace (a storyline thread that is revisited throughout the series), the protection of the planet falls to their replacements: the B-Squad Rangers, and their dog-like alien commander, Anubis “Doggie” Cruger (played by John Tui).
The B-Squad Rangers include:
- Jack Landors, the S.P.D. Red Ranger played by Brandon Jay McLaren
- Schuyler “Sky” Tate, the S.P.D. Blue Ranger played by Chris Violette
- Bridge Carson, the S.P.D. Green Ranger played by Matt Austin
- Elizabeth “Z” Delgado, the S.P.D. Yellow Ranger played by Monica May
- Sydney “Syd” Drew, the S.P.D. Pink Ranger played by Alycia Purrott
Throughout the series will also meet other Rangers including Sam, The Omega Ranger from the year 2040, who is a child in the current era (played by Brett Stewart), Dr. Katherine “Kat” Manx, the S.P.D. Kat Ranger (played by Michelle Langstone), and Nova, the S.P.D. Nova Ranger (played by Antonia Prebble).
Later we find out what really happened A-Squad…
Categories: Cult TV Essentials