Welcome to Thames, New Zealand. Population: 7,518 – and falling. Unless of course you’re Johnny (Anton Tennet), the new member of a local gang led by Shelton (Jonathan Brugh, What We Do in the Shadows). He’s multiplying.
After Johnny is foiled in an effort to double-cross Shelton at his own game of masterminding the sleepy town’s unsurprisingly tame criminal underbelly, he inadvertently steals an ancient bracelet with which he can turn back time – and in the process create multiple clones of himself. This gives Johnny the ability to literally form his own gang against Shelton’s. The only problem is: how can you learn to live your best life, when you’re also having to figure out which one of you exactly that is? Oh, that and there’s a demon after him for bending the rules of time, physics and just general common sense.
Tim van Dammen directs this 80s-throwback supernatural crime caper, dubbed by critics as “a grounded sci-fi mini-odyssey with lots of creativity and even more laugh-out-loud gags”, in which a brilliant ensemble works with sharp dialogue to deliver an endearingly odd and endlessly entertaining slice of Kiwi life.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentation
- Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and uncompressed stereo PCM soundtracks
- 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio music and effects track
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Tim van Dammen
- Mega Time Squad: The FrightFest TV interview, director Tim van Dammen talks to FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy
- Extensive image galleries
- Original trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring two artwork options
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel