Iron Man was a 13 part cartoon series shown as part of the Marvel Superheroes comic anthology show in 1966. It was produced by Grantray-Lawrence Animation, headed by Grant Simmons, Ray Patterson and Robert Lawrence. It starred John Vernon as Tony Stark/Iron Man
When looking back at the series it is clear that the animation was minimal, despite being produced in color, the animation was pretty much photocopied images taken directly from the comics and then manipulated to minimise the need for animation production. In a nutshell lips moved, as did the occasional arm or leg but not much else!
Eagle eyed viewers should be able to spot classic Silver Age comic book art from, among others, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and Don Heck.
- Episode 1: Double Disaster, Enter Happy Hogan, Of Ice and Men
- Episode 2: The Death of Tony Stark!, The Hands of the Mandarin, The Origin of The Mandarin
- Episode 3: Ultimo, Ultimo Lives, Crescendo
- Episode 4: The Mandarin’s Revenge!, The Mandarin’s Death Ray, No One Escapes the Mandarin
- Episode 5: Crimson Dynamo!, The Crimson Dynamo Strikes, Captured
- Episode 6: Enter Hawkeye, So Spins the Web, Triple Jeopardy
- Episode 7: If I Die, Let It Be With Honor; Fight On, For A World Is Watching; What Price Victory?
- Episode 8: The Moleman Strikes, The Dragon of the Flames, Decision Under the Earth
- Episode 9: The Other Iron Man!, Death Duel, Into The Jaws of the Death
- Episode 10: The Cliffs of Doom!, The False Captain America, The Unmasking
- Episode 11: My Life For Yours, The Black Knight’s Gambit, The Menace of the Monster
- Episode 12: The Dream Master, If A Man Be Mad, Duel In Space
- Episode 13: Beauty and the Armor, Peril in Space, As A City Watches
Categories: Cult Cartoon Essentials