Captain America was a 13 part cartoon series shown as part of the Marvel Superheroes comic anthology show in 1966. It was produced by Grantray-Lawrence Animation, headed by Grant Simmons, Ray Patterson and Robert Lawrence. It starred Sandy Becker as Steve Rogers/Captain America.
When looking back at the series it is clear that the animation was minimal, despite being produced in color, the animation was pretty much photocopied images taken directly from the comics and then manipulated to minimise the need for animation production. In a nutshell lips moved, as did the occasional arm or leg but not much else!
Eagle eyed viewers should be able to spot classic Silver Age comic book art from, among others, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and Don Heck.
- Episode 1: The Origin of Captain America, Wreckers Among Us, Enter Red Skull
- Episode 2: The Sentinel and the Spy, The Fantastic Origin of the Red Skull, Lest Tyranny Triumph
- Episode 3: Midnight in Greymoor Castle, If This Be Treason, When You Lie Down With Dogs
- Episode 4: Return of Captain America, The Search, To Live Again
- Episode 5: Zemo and the Masters of Evil, Zemo Strikes, The Fury of Zemo
- Episode 6: The Revenge of Captain America, The Trap Is Sprung, So Dies A Villain
- Episode 7: Let The Past Be Gone, The Adaptoid, The Super Adaptoid
- Episode 8: Coming of the Swordsman, Vengeance Is Ours, Emissary of Destruction
- Episode 9: Bitter Taste of Defeat, Sorcery Triumph, The Road Back
- Episode 10: Doorway to Doom, When the Commissar Commands, Duel Or Die
- Episode 11: The Sleeper Shall Awake, Where Walks the Sleeper, The Final Sleep
- Episode 12: The Girl from Cap’s Past, The Stage Is Set, 30 Minutes to Live
- Episode 13: The Red Skull Lives, He Who Holds the Cosmic Cube, The Red Skull Supreme