Taz-Mania was an American cartoon sitcom produced by Warner Bros. Animation from 1991 to 1995 (4 Seasons / 65 Episodes), and follows the adventures of the Looney Tunes character Taz (The Tasmanian Devil) in the fictional land of Tazmania.
All 65 episodes were produced between 1991-1993, but 26 were not aired by Fox until the 1994-1995 season.
Taz’s main family included:
- Taz (Jim Cummings) – He is the central character of the series and appears in every episode. Taz is ill-tempered, frequently hungry, and has a very big dislike of water, though is less ferocious and (at times) more thoughtful than his original incarnation. He works as a bellhop at the Hotel Tazmania.
- Jean Tazmanian Devil (Miriam Flynn) – Taz’s dedicated, doting mother. Many episodes circle around her speaking on the phone and running through a long list of chores she’s created for herself.
- Hugh Tazmanian Devil (Maurice LaMarche) – Taz’s easy-going father, whose voice and mannerisms are a parody of Bing Crosby. Hugh likes orange juice (a reference to Crosby being a famous pitch-man for orange juice), golfing, and bowling, and will often overexplain things to the point where he’ll say “blah-blah-blah, yackity schmackity” to speed things up.
- Molly Tazmanian Devil (Kellie Martin) – Taz’s 13-year-old sister. Despite being more refined than her brother, she often shares his vicious nature, though in a more sibling-rivalry sense.
- Jake Tazmanian Devil (Debi Derryberry) – Taz’s little brother, who often looks up to and idolizes Taz.
- Dog the Turtle (Frank Welker) – Taz’s pet turtle, who acts like a dog.
- Drew Tazmanian Devil (Maurice LaMarche) – Taz’s uncle, who talks and acts like Bob Hope as a reference to Hugh’s parody of Bing Crosby. Like Hugh, Drew enjoys golf, bowling, and heading out on road trips (often dragging Taz along) in spoofs of Hope and Crosby’s Road to… film series of the 1940’s and 1950’s.