Hero of Cult Vernon George Wells was born 31st December 1945 in Rushworth, Victoria, Australia and initially popped up on the Cult Faction radar in the 1970’s on the television shows Homicide, Matlock Police and All The Rivers Run. He then broke out internationally with his appearance as Wez in the 1981 film Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.
Following Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Wells began appearing in Hollywood films, such as Weird Science (1985) and then as the evil Bennett in Commando.
He also had major roles in Innerspace (1987), followed by:
- Last Man Standing (1987) as Roo Marcus
- Sunset (1988) as Houseman
- American Eagle (1989) as Johnny Burke
- Circuitry Man (1990) as Plughead
- The Shrimp on the Barbie (1990) as Bruce
- Fortress (1993) as Maddox
- Ultimatum (1994) as Gerard Richter
- Plughead Rewired: Circuitry Man II (1994) as Plughead
- Manosaurus (1994) as Professor Sorenson
- Space Truckers (1996) as Mr. Cutt
- Billy Frankenstein (1998) as Otto von Sloane
In the 2000s, Wells acted in the television series Power Rangers Time Force portraying the series’ main villain Ransik.
Well’s continues to star on the screen with films such as:
- Curse of the Forty-Niner (2003) as Jeremiah Stone
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) as Acme VP
- Devil’s Knight (2003) as Frank
- King of the Ants (2003) as Beckett
- Chastity (2005) as Trucker
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (2006) as Dr. Dennis Lanyon
- Tru Loved (2007) as Coach Wesley
- Green Street 2: Stand Your Ground (2009) as Tankersley Governor
- The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie (2010) as Network Head
- Silent Night, Zombie Night (2011) as Paul Irwin
- Jurassic Attack (2013) as Agent Grimaldi
- Throwback (2013) as Detective McNab
He has also made some video game appearances including Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (2005) where he voices Ridge and the Darksiders series where he voices Samael.
Wells remains active and we look forward to what else he can bring to the world of cult!
Categories: Heroes of Cult