Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos is an American animated television series that originally aired in 1986 as a syndicated five episode mini-series. It was created by and starred Chuck Norris as himself, and produced by Ruby-Spears Productions. This fictionalized version of Norris is a United States government operative with a team of “radically diverse” warriors known as the Karate Kommandos. Together, they fight against the organization VULTURE led by The Claw and his right-hand man Super Ninja. (It was never revealed what “VULTURE” stood for.)
At the beginning of each episode, a live action segment with Norris, usually at a gym or martial arts studio, is shown to explain what is going on. At the end of each episode, Norris narrates a moral lesson for the audience to learn
The Karate Kommandos consisted of:
- Chuck Norris (voiced by himself) – The leader of the Karate Kommandos.
- Pepper (voiced by Kathy Garver) – A technology expert and mechanic.
- Reed (voiced by Sam Fontana) – Chuck’s young apprentice and Pepper’s brother.
- Kimo (voiced by Keone Young) – A samurai warrior.
- Tabe (voiced by Robert Ito) – A sumo champion.
- Too Much (voiced by Mona Marshall) – Chuck’s young ward.
The Karate Kommandos battled an evil group called VULTURE…
- Claw (voiced by Bill Martin) – The leader of VULTURE who serves as the primary antagonist of the series. Claw has a metal claw for a right arm.
- Super-Ninja (voiced by Keone Young) – A ninja who is Claw’s right-hand man.