Based on the true story of Dan Morgan – the infamous Australian outlaw once described as ‘the most bloodthirsty ruffian that ever took to the bush’ – Mad Dog Morgan provides the perfect showcase for the unique star quality of Dennis Hopper (Night Tide, The Last Movie).
After witnessing a bloody massacre of Chinese workers on Australia’s goldfields, Morgan turns to a life of crime, becoming a bushranger and the scourge of the vicious authorities – and, ultimately, a local legend – leaving a bloody legacy in his wake.
Nominated for two Australian Film Institute Awards, including one for director Philippe Mora (The Beast Within), Mad Dog Morgan is a brutal and uncompromising slice of Ozploitation.
You can pre-order HERE.
Extras: INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
* New restoration from a 4K scan of the interpositive by Powerhouse Films
* Two presentations of the film: Mad Dog Morgan, the 103-minute director’s cut; and Mad Dog, the 95-minute UK theatrical version
* Original mono audio
* Audio commentary with writer-director Philippe Mora and film critic Jake Wilson (2019)
* Audio commentary with writer-director Philippe Mora (2009)
* To Shoot a Mad Dog (1976): behind-the-scenes documentary, produced and directed by David Elfick, and featuring extensive interview footage with actor Dennis Hopper
* Hopping Mad (2019): Mora reflects on the making of Mad Dog Morgan
* That’s Our Mad Dog: A Conversation with Dennis Hopper (2009): retrospective interview with the legendary actor, conducted by Mora
* ‘Not Quite Hollywood’ Interview Excerpts (2008): over an hour of outtakes from Mark Hartley’s acclaimed documentary on Australia cinema, featuring Mora, producer Jeremy Thomas, camera operator John Seale, and actors Jack Thompson, Roger Ward and Graeme Blundell
* Mad Country: Shooting Locations Revisited (2019) with optional audio commentary by Mora
* Original theatrical trailer
* Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
* New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
* Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Tara Judah, Philippe Mora’s pre-production notes on Mad Dog Morgan, archival interview with Mora and producer Jeremy Thomas, Mora on the making of the film, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
* Limited edition exclusive poster
* UK premiere on Blu-ray
* Limited edition of 2,000 copies for the UK
All extras subject to change