Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner was a 13 part cartoon series shown as part of the Marvel Superheroes comic anthology show in 1966. It was produced by Grantray-Lawrence Animation, headed by Grant Simmons, Ray Patterson and Robert Lawrence. It starred John Vernon as Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner.
When looking back at the series it is clear that the animation was minimal, despite being produced in color, the animation was pretty much photocopied images taken directly from the comics and then manipulated to minimise the need for animation production. In a nutshell lips moved, as did the occasional arm or leg but not much else!
Eagle eyed viewers should be able to spot classic Silver Age comic book art from, among others, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and Don Heck.
- Episode 1: Peril in the Surface World, So Spreads the Net, The Unveiling
- Episode 2: The Start of the Quest!, Escape to Nowhere, A Prince There Was
- Episode 3: Not All My Power Can Save Me!, When Fails the Quest, The End of the Quest
- Episode 4: Atlantis Under Attack, The Sands of Terror, The Iron Idol of Infamy
- Episode 5: The Thing from Space, No Escape for Namor, A Prince Dies Fighting
- Episode 6: To Conquer a Crown, A Prince No More, He Who Wears the Crown
- Episode 7: To Walk Amongst Men!, When Rises the Behemoth, To the Death
- Episode 8: The World Within!, Atlantis Is Doomed, Quest for X-Atom
- Episode 9: Beware the Siren Song, Spell of Lorelei, Return of the Mud Beast
- Episode 10: Ship of Doom, Fall of Atlantis, Forces of Vengeance
- Episode 11: The Planet of Doom, To Test a Prince, To Save a Planet
- Episode 12: Dr. Doom’s Day, The Doomed Allegiance, Tug of Death
- Episode 13: Let the Stranger Die..!, To Destroy a Tyrant, Save A City