Based upon the ever-popular short story by Richard Connell, The Most Dangerous Game remains a hugely influential masterpiece 90 years after its release.
Big game hunter, Bob Rainsford (Joel McCrea), barely survives a shipwreck in shark infested waters and washes ashore on the private island of the sinister Count Zaroff (played with a delightful zeal by Leslie Banks). Zaroff fancies himself an accomplished hunter also ―only his preferred quarry, is man!
Taking full advantage of the lavish jungle sets created for King Kong; The Most Dangerous Game was filmed at night after filming for Kong had concluded for the day, with many cast and crew pulling double duty on both productions. After 90 years, it is still a thrilling piece of filmmaking – filled with stunning production designs, wonderful optical effects, and―of course―thrilling action. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present The Most Dangerous Game in its UK debut on Blu-ray, from a 2K restored scan of the original camera negatives.
You can pre-order HERE.
SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY INCLUDES
- Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase (First print-run of 2000 copies only)
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restored scan of the original camera negatives
- Optional English SDH
- Brand new audio commentary with author Stephen Jones and author/critic Kim Newman
- Brand new interview with author/critic Kim Newman on the “hunted human” sub-genre
- Brand new interview with film scholar Stephen Thrower
- PLUS: A collector’s booklet featuring a new essay by Craig Ian Mann, illustrated with archival imagery
- *All extras subject to change
Preview- Gotham Knights Ep. 3: Under Pressure
Preview- Superman & Lois Season 3 Ep. 3: In Cold Blood
The Wanderers – A Perfect Pop Culture Portrait of 60’s New York