101 Films presents cult musical comedy Rock ‘N’ Roll High School, available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK and title 026 on the 101 Films Black Label. From director Allan Arkush and executive producer Roger Corman, this joyous teen classic is the ultimate teacher of the Three Rs: Rock, Rebellion, and Ramones! This Limited-Edition version includes booklet and slipcase.
1979: Riff Randell (P.J. Soles, Halloween) is the rockingest rebel at Vince Lombardi High. Evelyn Togar (Mary Woronov, Night of the Comet) is the strict new principal with plans to rule the school as her own personal dictatorship. Meanwhile the Ramones are the hottest band around. When these forces of nature collide, Lombardi High will never be the same! Striking back against Togar’s record burnings and iron-fisted discipline, Riff leads a revolt that rocks the roof right off the school’s hallowed halls!
You can pre-order HERE.
- Limited Edition Booklet: Includes ‘Mindless Authority and Rebellious Youth’ by Jon Towlson and ‘I Got No Cerebellum’ by Jimmy Martin
- 4K scan from the Original Camera Negative
- Class Of ‘79: 40 Years Of Rock ‘N’ Roll High School, featuring interviews with filmmakers and cast
- Commentary with director Allan Arkush, producer Mike Finnell and screenwriter Richard Whitley
- Commentary with executive producer Roger Corman and actress Dey Young
- Commentary with Allan Arkush and actors P.J. Soles and Clint Howard
- Commentary with screenwriters Richard Whitley and Russ Dvonch
- Back To School: A Retrospective, with interviews from Allan Arkush, Roger Corman and more
- Staying After Class: An interview with actors P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten and Dey Young
- Interview with Roger Corman conducted by Leonard Maltin
- Interview with Allan Arkush including a look at rare, behind-the-scenes stills
- Audio outtakes from the Roxy
- Original radio ads and TV spots
- Theatrical trailer