An evil and enigmatic entity throws a family into turmoil in Lindsey C. Vickers much sought-after cult horror.
Unable to attend his daughter’s violin recital, suburban father Ian – played by Edward Woodward (The Wicker Man) – is haunted by a series of prophetic nightmares that seem to foresee a looming tragedy. Are dark forces gathering to be unleashed upon him?
An unsettling journey into the world of the supernatural guaranteed to give you sleepless nights, The Appointment is the latest addition to the popular BFI Flipside collection. It is with the director’s blessing (and extensive involvement) that the BFI have decided to make this much requested title available using the best materials as yet discovered.
You can preorder HERE.
- Standard Definition (presented on Blu-ray
- Newly recorded audio commentary on The Appointment by director Lindsey Vickers
- Interview with Lindsey Vickers (2021)
- Framing The Appointment (2022): the director recalls the film whilst looking at photos from his personal collection
- Interview with Jane Merrow (2022): the actress recalls her experience of making The Appointment
- The Lake (Lindsey C. Vickers, 1978, 33 mins): a romantic picnic for young lovers Tony and Barbara is threatened by echoes of the horrific violence that happened nearby in this hauntingly effective ghost story
- Newly recorded audio commentary on The Lake by Lindsey Vickers
- Splashing Around (2020, 18 mins): acclaimed actor, writer and presenter Julie Peasgood looks back on the making of The Lake and her role in House of the Long Shadows (1983)
- Memories of The Appointment (2020, 11 mins): assistant director Gregory Dark shares his recollections about the film
- Extensive galleries featuring rare stills and production materials from The Lake and The Appointment kindly donated by the director
- **FIRST PRESSING ONLY** illustrated booklet featuring new writing on the film by Vic Pratt and contributions from William Fowler, Jon Dear and Lindsey Vickers
- Newly commissioned sleeve art by Matt Needle