Based on the disclosures of mobster Joe Valachi, as recounted in Peter Maas’ best-selling biography and at a sensational congressional hearing, The Valachi Papers tells the story of one man’s brutal journey through the ranks of the Cosa Nostra, and a betrayal that would reveal the secrets of the Mob to the world.
Terence Young (From Russia with Love) skilfully renders the clandestine world of violent gangsters in this stylish European co-production which benefits from thrilling action, a no-nonsense central portrayal from Charles Bronson (Breakout), and impressive ensemble performances from Lino Ventura (The Medusa Touch), Joseph Wiseman (The Garment Jungle) and Jill Ireland (The Valdez Horses).
You can pre-order HERE.
Extras INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Original English and Italian mono soundtracks
- Audio commentary with film historian Paul Talbot, author of Bronson’s Loose! The Making of the ‘Death Wish’ Films and Bronson’s Loose Again! (2021)
- New interview with make-up artist Giannetto De Rossi (2021)
- New interview with screenwriter Stephen Geller (2021)
- Valachi: The Violent Era (1972, 7 mins): archival making-of featurette with on-set interviews with Terence Young and Charles Bronson
- On-set Footage (1972, 2 mins): rare behind-the-scenes
- The Valachi Hearings (1963): selection of highlights from Joseph Valachi’s testimony to Senator John L McClellan’s congressional committee on organised crime
- Original theatrical trailer
- TV Spot
- Radio Spot
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
- New and improved subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing for the English soundtrack
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Pasquale Iannone, newspaper reports on Joseph Valachi’s criminal career, excerpts from the source book by Peter Maas, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- UK Premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 3,000 copies
EXTRAS SUBJECT TO CHANGE