ScreenHits TV and Sceenic are thrilled to announce their partnership, allowing consumers for the first time the ability to interact live via video chat with friends and family around the world whilst streaming their favourite films and TV series from some of the most popular streaming platforms, exclusively via ScreenHits TV.
ScreenHits TV Watch Together powered by Sceenic delivers a powerful and unique viewing experience for users by creating a virtual living room that enables TV streamers to see and speak to friends and family live via the ScreenHits TV App, on tablets and PCs whilst watching the same programme simultaneously. Users now have the power to decide across all their favourite platforms what to watch and whom to share moments with, just with one click and without leaving home.
Currently Watch Together powered by Sceenic is available in the UK in the BT Sport app as part of EE ‘Match Day Experience’, which provides synchronization of each participant players, allowing users to see the goal at the same time with high quality video and audio for a smooth conversation.
“This past year has shined a light on the importance of spending time with our loved ones, be it for a short walk in the park or on a zoom call,” said Rose Adkins Hulse, Co-Founder and CEO of ScreenHits TV. “No matter the limitations that may prevent us from seeing those that we love, people are finding innovative ways to stay connected through tech. This is what led to our desire to fast track our partnership with Sceenic and we are very proud to become the first film and TV entertainment company to be able to provide this game changing service for consumers built into our unique platform,” said Adkins Hulse.
ScreenHits TV allows consumers to integrate their existing SVOD subscriptions, such as Netflix, Disney + and Amazon Prime for FREE into the ScreenHits TV app, all without searching and switching between numerous app interfaces.
The Watch Together technology provided by Sceenic will be activated on all defaulted apps and channels within the ScreenHits TV platform, including Moviesphere, BFI Player, Kidoodle, Indieflix, Shudder, EDGESport and many more.* Some of the existing streaming services that consumers integrate into the ScreenHits TV platform will have access to this technology if they are embedded into the ScreenHits TV video player.
- Users can schedule a movie and watch together with friends and family, by sending a calendar invitation
- Watch Together experience will be available for all ScreenHits TV users around the world across multiple devices
- Up to 4 users can join the experience on their mobile phone
- 4 – 6 users can join the same room on TV and laptop
- Special parental controls available within ScreenHits TV with partner Kidoodle TV
Jonathan Williams, Chief Operating Officer at Sceenic said: “Being enablers is one of the strongest values we share as partners. At Sceenic we are delighted to be powering the co-viewing experience within the ScreenHits TV platform. In a world where people get more and more separated by distance, we are proud of bringing people together again around the content they like to be enjoyed with the people they love the most. This partnership between both companies, is precisely showing how multiple worlds (the people) can interact and enjoy what they like, within a perfect universe called, ScreenHits TV.”
Major companies that provide a personalized interactive approach to users sharing their favourite content include:
- Unique and personalized video chat inside the same platform: ScreenHits TV Watch Together, BT Sport Watch Together and NPO Samen – all powered by Sceenic
- Netflix with the chrome extension Netflixparty; Amazon Prime Video Watch Party
- Interactive emojis: Disney with Disney+ group watch
- Video chat services on external platforms: HBO with Scener; SKY with Fanzone app.