28 Days Later meets The Blair Witch Project as a mysterious virus turns the inhabitants of an apartment building into a horde of frenzied, bloodthirsty ghouls in [REC] – the original 2007 found footage phenomenon that spawned a hit franchise and US remake.
A television film crew, documenting the night shift of a Barcelona fire brigade, get much more than they bargained for when they attend an apparently routine call-out. Upon arrival at an inner city apartment, the firefighters are viciously attacked by the elderly female occupant, who appears to be in the throes of some sort of viral infection. Before long, the virus has taken hold of the entire building, which is cordoned off by the authorities. Trapped inside, the television crew – using their cameras to capture the events as they unfold – and the other remaining survivors find themselves pitched into a nightmare of unimaginable proportions.
Fusing the zombie genre with the found footage format to throw the audience right into the midst of the action, [REC] is a terrifying, relentless rollercoaster ride which builds to one of the horror genre s all time bone-chilling climaxes.
You can pre-order HERE.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray presentation with two viewing options: the “”theatrical version”” (24fps, 1080p, 78 mins) as shown in cinemas, and the “”production version”” (25fps, 1080i, 75 mins) as originally filmed
- Original Spanish DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio options on both versions
- Optional English subtitles
- New audio commentary by film critic and historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Found Footage Horror: Fear and the Appearance of Reality
- Archive commentary by directors Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
- The Making of [REC], an archive featurette examining the process of production featuring interviews with cast & crew
- How to Shoot a Horror Movie, a French-language featurette presented by directors Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
- Archive interview with Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza looking back on the film
- The Fantastic Four, an archive panel discussion with [REC] directors Jaume Balaguero, Paco Plaza and new wave Spanish horror contemporaries Gonzalo Lopez Callego and Juan Antonio Bayona
- On set footage of the cast & crew at work on key scenes including the attack on Mrs. Izquierdo and the climb to hell
- Archive interview with director of photography Pablo Rosso
- Archive interview with sound supervisor Xavi Mas
- Archive interview with sound designer Oriol Tarragó
- Confidences, a video diary by star Manuela Velasco
- Deleted and extended scenes, including Fire Station Redux , The Secret Archive and Corridors of Nails
- Casting, original video footage from the audition process
- Trailers and TV spots
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors’ booklet with new writing on the film by Xavier Aldana Reyes