Tom Baker’s third season as the Fourth Doctor is the next release to come to Blu-Ray, in The Collection – Season 14, on Monday 20th April 2020.
In 1976, Doctor Who took a dramatic new turn, electrifying audiences with changes in format, companion and appearance of the TARDIS. Season 14 saw the departure of the Doctor’s long-term companion Sarah Jane Smith, and the introduction of Leela. The season contains some of Tom Baker’s most iconic serials, with intrepid investigations in Victorian London, deadly robots in a murderous whodunit, a return to the Doctor’s homeworld, and one of the saddest goodbyes in Doctor Who history.
Producer Phillip Hinchliffe led Doctor Who through a creative high, joined by Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, Louise Jameson as the Doctor’s captivating new companion Leela and guest stars Tim Pigott-Smith, Stephen Thorne, Peter Pratt, Pamela Salem, David Collings, Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter.
Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 14 includes the following stories from 1976-1977:
- The Masque of Mandragora
- The Hand of Fear
- The Deadly Assassin
- The Face of Evil
- The Robots of Death
- The Talons of Weng-Chiang
With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features which include:
- Immersive 5.1 surround sound – The Deadly Assassin
- Brand new audio commentaries – Tom Baker and Matthew Sweet on selected episodes of The Face of Evil and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
- Behind the Sofa – New episodes with Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe, plus companions Sophie Aldred and Peter Purves.
- Our Sarah Jane – Elisabeth Sladen Tribute – A feature-length look at the life and career of Sarah Jane Smith, played by Elisabeth Sladen.
- Whose Doctor Who Revisited – Toby Hadoke meets the producers and grown-up stars of the very first Who Documentary.
- In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to producer Philip Hinchcliffe.
- Blu-Ray trailer – Louise Jameson has trouble with her new home assistant.
- Brand new interviews
- Rare archive material
- Convention footage
- HD photo galleries
- Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files and other gems from our PDF archive
A specially shot announcement trailer has debuted on the Doctor Who YouTube channel, written by new series contributor Pete McTighe (Kerblam!) and featuring Louise Jameson and her troublesome home assistant.