From legendary filmmaker Paul Verhoeven (Robocop, Basic Instinct) and screenwriter Gerard Soeteman (Soldier of Orange) comes an explosive, fast-paced and thrilling coming-of-age drama. Raw, intense and unabashedly sexual, Spetters is a wild ride that will knock the unsuspecting for a loop. Stuck in a dead-end town on the outskirts of Rotterdam, three young friends Rien, Eef and Hans have one thing in common, their passion for motorcycle racing, which each sees as his ticket to a better life. But a deeper passion will soon rule each of their lives when a sexy, ambitious blonde (Renee Soutendijk, The Fourth Man) comes between them and provokes a series of unforeseen events. The film also co-stars the late, great Rutger Hauer (Flesh & Blood, Blade Runner) and Jeroen Krabbe (The Fugitive).
- Newly restored and released in the UK on Blu-ray for the first time
- Feature-length audio commentary with director Paul Verhoeven
- Interview with Paul Verhoeven (8 mins)
- Interview with screenwriter Gerard Soeteman (11 mins)
- Interview with cinematographer Jost Vacano (67 mins)
- Newly recorded video essay by film critic and author Amy Simmons (2109, 17 mins)
- Original theatrical trailer.
- **FIRST PRESSING ONLY** Fully illustrated booklet with new writing by the screenwriter of Spetters Gerard Soeteman, authors Rob van Scheers and Peter Verstraten and film programmer Anna Bogutskaya. Also includes original review and full film credits
- Other extras TBC.