Masters of horror Stephen King (IT, The Shining) and George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead) have created a gripping, creepy, frightening film that thrills, shocks and works us over! Featuring an intelligent screenplay and first-rate cast, including Oscar® winner Timothy Hutton, The Dark Half will keep you captivated to the chilling end.
Horror writer Thad Beaumont (Hutton) hopes to distance himself from his murder novels and from George Stark, the pseudonymous name he has used to author them. To achieve this, he cooks up a murder of his own: a publicity stunt that should lay Stark to rest forever. But when the people around him are found gruesomely slain – and his own fingerprints dot the crime scenes – Beaumont is dumbfounded until he learns that Stark has taken on a life of his own…and begun a gruesome quest for vengeance!
Adapted from the bestselling novel by Stephen King, who wrote the novel as a nod to his own literary pseudonym, Richard Bachman, The Dark Half is an intense and shocking horror film, with a climax that stands up as one of the craziest of both King and Romero’s careers. Eureka Classics is proud to present The Dark Half in it’s UK debut on Blu-ray.
- 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray (with a progressive encode on the DVD)
- LPCM audio (uncompressed on the Blu-ray) and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English SDH subtitles
- Audio commentary with Writer/Director George A. Romero
- George A. Romero episode of Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show [38 mins] – documentary on the director originally aired on UK television in 1989
- The Sparrows Are Flying Again! The Making of ‘The Dark Half’ [36mins] – Retrospective with George A. Romero, special make-up effects creators Everett Burrell and John Vulich, visual effects supervisor Kevin Kutchaver, actor Robert Joy, editor Pasquale Buba and more!
- Deleted Scenes
- A selection of Behind-the-scenes and archival video material
- Original Storyboards
- TV spot
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve
- Limited Edition Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Simon Ward
- Limited Edition O-card Slipcase