Long-awaited, long-overdue: The Professionals as you have never seen them before.
Bodie and Doyle need little by way of introduction, but if the series had at all escaped you since its debut in 1977 their boss George Cowley, head of CI5, couldn’t put it more succinctly than his opening gambit: “anarchy, acts of terror, crimes against the public. To combat it I’ve got special men – experts from the army, the police, from every service. These are The Professionals”.
Featuring the perfect ensemble cast of Martin Shaw, Gordon Jackson (completely against type here) and the much-missed Lewis Collins, the series ran for 57 action-packed episodes and made an immediate impact on British and then international audiences which has sustained 35 years. But the series has never looked this good. Painstakingly restored from the camera-original negatives the series could have been made yesterday. No matter how many times you have seen The Professionals, this is a new experience, like seeing it for the first time.
FEATURES ON THIS NEW EDITION
* Brand-new, High Definition restorations of all 18 episodes in series four and five from the camera-original negatives
* Brand-new 5.1 tracks from original sound elements
* Remastered original as-broadcast mono tracks
* Remastered music-only tracks featuring Laurie Johnson’s original scores
* HD photo galleries featuring hundreds of rare and previously unseen images
* Exclusive book of programme notes authored by TV historian Andrew Pixley, which documents the complete production history for the 18 episodes in series four and five
* All episodes are presented in their original production order
* PDF material featuring scripts and memorabilia
* English HOH subtitles