THEY WENT FROM ZEROES TO HEROES IN ONE FANTASTIC WEEKEND.
If you can’t get a date… make one! After proving himself the king of heartfelt teen flicks with Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, writer-director John Hughes infused the genre with a hefty dose of wacked-out sci-fi comedy in Weird Science, a film where every teenage boy’s wildest fantasies come to life.
Perennially picked-on high school nerds Gary (Anthony Michael Hall, Sixteen Candles) and Wyatt (Ilan Mitchell-Smith) are sick of their status at the bottom of the social food chain. Using Wyatt’s computer, the two hatch a plan to create their dream woman – and following a massive power surge, that woman unexpectedly appears in the form of Lisa (Kelly LeBrock). Gorgeous, intelligent, and blessed with limitless magic powers, Lisa makes the boys’ dreams come true… but what about Wyatt’s gun-toting psycho older brother Chet (Bill Paxton), and the two bullies (Robert Downey Jr and Vamp’s Robert Rusler) determined to put them back in their place?
Inspired by EC Comics and boosted by a killer soundtrack (including the classic title theme by Oingo Boingo), Weird Science has never looked better than in this new 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray edition, including an extended version of the film and hours of bonus content.
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the original Theatrical Version of the film (94 mins), plus seamlessly-branched exclusive Extended Version (97 mins), featuring two additional scenes
• Original lossless stereo audio, plus 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround option (theatrical version only)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Edited-for-TV version of the film (SD only, 94 mins), plus comparison featurette highlighting the alternate dubs and edits
• Casting ‘Weird Science’, an interview with casting director Jackie Burch
• Dino The Greek, an interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
• Chet Happens, an interview with special makeup creator Craig Reardon
• Fantasy and Microchips, an interview with editor Chris Lebenzon
• Ira Newborn Makes The Score, an interview with the composer
• It’s Alive! Resurrecting Weird Science, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including star Anthony Michael Hall
• Theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
• Image galleries
• Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring writing on the film by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Amanda Reyes
• Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
You can pre-order HERE.