Steve Railsback (famed for his unhinged performance as Charles Manson in 1976’s TV mini-series Helter Skelter) is at his sinister best as a troubled Vietnam Vet in 1982’s Deadly Games – a tale of madness, murder and adultery from writer/director Scott Mansfied.
A masked maniac with a penchant for a horror-themed board game is playing his own twisted game with the women of a small American town. Each time the dice is rolled, another victim meets a grisly end. Returning home to mourn the death of her murdered sister, Keegan (Jo Ann Harris) befriends local cop Roger and oddball cinema projectionist Billy (Railsback) – but soon finds herself in the killer’s sights.
Originally entitled Who Fell Asleep, Deadly Games is an intriguing early ’80s slasher oddity which benefits from focusing as much on the development of its female-led cast as it does on its scenes of stalking and slashing. Available for the first time ever on disc, Arrow Video is proud to present this long-overlooked creepy gem in a brand new restoration from the recently-unearthed camera negative!
You can pre-order HERE.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
– Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
– Original uncompressed mono audio
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
– Sooty’s a Sh*t
– a brand new interview with actor Jere Rae-Mansfield
– Practical Magic – a brand new interview with special effects and stunt co-ordinator John Eggett
– Extensive image gallery featuring never-before-seen production photos and promotional material
– Original Trailer
– Original screenplay under the title Who Fell Asleep [BD-ROM content]
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Ralf Krause
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by film historian/author Amanda Reyes