The Mighty Thor was a 13 part cartoon series shown as part of the Marvel Superheroes comic anthology show in 1966. It was produced by Grantray-Lawrence Animation, headed by Grant Simmons, Ray Patterson and Robert Lawrence. It starred Chris Wiggins (Friday the 13th: The Series, ALF Tales, Star Wars: Droids, Rock & Rule, Star Wars: Ewoks, Babar, Rupert, Richard Scarry,Franklin, Redwall) as the voice of Thor/Donald Blake.
When looking back at the series it is clear that the animation was minimal, despite being produced in color, the animation was pretty much photocopied images taken directly from the comics and then manipulated to minimise the need for animation production. In a nutshell lips moved, as did the occasional arm or leg but not much else!
Eagle eyed viewers should be able to spot classic Silver Age comic book art from, among others, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and Don Heck.
- Episode 1: Trapped by Loki, The Vengeance of Loki, The Defeat of Loki
- Episode 2: Chained Evil; Sandu, Master of the Supernatural; Enchanted Hammer
- Episode 3: Enchantress and Executioner, Giants Walk the Earth, Battle of the Gods
- Episode 4: At the Mercy of Loki, Trial of the Gods, Return To Earth
- Episode 5: The Absorbing Man; In My Hands, This Hammer; Vengeance of the Thunder God
- Episode 6: To Kill A Thunder God, The Day of the Destroyer, Terror of the Tomb
- Episode 7: The Grey Gargoyle, The Wrath of Odin, Triumph in Stone
- Episode 8: The Mysterious Mister Hyde, Revenge of Mr. Hyde, Thor’s Showdown with Mr. Hyde
- Episode 9: Every Hand Against Him, The Power of the Thunder God, The Power of Odin
- Episode 10: The Tomorrow Man, Return of Zarrko, Slave of Tomorrow Man
- Episode 11: Enter Hercules, When Meet Immortals, Whom the Gods Would Destroy
- Episode 12: The Power of Pluto, The Verdict of Zeus, Thunder in the Netherworld
- Episode 13: Molto, the Lava Man; Invasion of the Lava Man; Living Rock